Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Replete with Peace

Today the girls, my sister,  my father and I participated in the Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lake's annual walkathon.  We did this in honor of my mama, gone these two years and some months now.

I signed us up only 3 or 4 weeks ago. It's something I've wanted to be involved with for awhile now. The Cancer Resource Center is a wonderful organization that provides all kinds if support for cancer patients and their families.

My life is very full right now, more so maybe than ever before.  And I wanted to give something back,  do something to remind me that there is so much more in the world than what's going on for me.

This was perfect.  We got there a little early,  Luci was cranky.  I generally like to let Saturday mornings be slow these days,  but this was important to me,  so off we went anyway.

Heather arrived shortly after we did,  my dad just in the nick of time.  And we were off, and just as we began walking the sun cut through the clouds and stayed there for the entire walk.

It was sweet, just sweet. I looked around at all of those faces, so many. Some obviously currently fighting the good fight. Some wearing tags listing who they were walking in honor of. Some somber, some smiling. All of us walking (and cheering on the runners, who left before is and were looping back), all of us just together for this same good reason.

And I felt, rather than thought, for the first time in awhile,  that we really are all in this together. No matter who we are or where we come from, we all love, and we all lose. It is the nature of life,  and if we keep on loving, more and bigger despite our losses, then we win anyway. And we find more richness.

And so today I am replete with love and with peace. It's just all very good.

No comments: