Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Healthy to Meals 4, Braised Kielbasa with Kale

Here's another sausage and greens twist on Meal #3

Braised Kielbasa with Kale, found at here at Cookthink.com

We had some nitrate free Kielbasa in the freezer that Patrick picked up. Kielbasa isn't my favorite sausage, it tends to be too salty for me. Patrick is a salt lover and has really low blood pressure, so no worries with his salt consumption.

Not knowing what I wanted to do with it, but thinking that using some of the frozen Kale from our summer garden.....


would be a good thing :-) 

So I did what I always do in that situation and googled kielbasa and kale (how did I ever cook before the internet and google!), and found the above recipe.

It was fast and delicious. Both kids gobbled up both the sausage and the kale, which is a good success meter in my book. The kale absorbed some of the flavor from the sausage and got very tasty and tender.

Total prep time just a few minutes, and cooking time not much more!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Sounds like a great recipe. I use a lot of raw kale in my green smoothies. I'm going to have to try cooking it. It's such an awesome super green!