Simple post, inspired by Lori, thank you.
This week, August 5-11, 2012
- I am catching my breath while simultaneously soaking up the sweetness of having family from California visit us all and mom.
- I am noticing that the weather has suddenly turned cooler. I always think of August as high summer, from my California days, but here, it seems to mark the downturn toward Autumn, and the weather is changeable, only 55 degrees this morning.
- I am contemplating death and change, and trying to make sense of it all, and feeling oddly grateful that I get to make my own sense of it....there are some great thoughts out there on this, and I get to pick and choose.
- I am marveling that Luciana is 11 months old, yesterday. She will walk soon.
- I also marveling that Helena, nearly 8 (wow!) will start school full time a few weeks. Her choice, and it actually feels right for her. She is wiser than me at times, and knows her own mind, and when I'm wise, I can see this.
- Sitting in this place of hope and acceptance all at once, and letting that just be.