Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Theme for the New Year...

I really want to make time to post more here in 2012, and I've determined that in order to do that, I need to accept a couple of things:


1) My posts need to be brief...my time, as the homeschooling, part time working, mother of a nearly 4 month old and a 7 year old, is broken up into pretty small bites.
2) My posts need to be pretty low-frills. Not a lot of time in those bites for adding the perfect photo or other "bling."


So, here's a stab a brevity...


2011 was an intense year, full of big challenges and bigger rewards. One thing, at 40, that I'm getting a handle on is this...


I have to work with what I have....and that requires acceptance. 


This, perhaps, doesn't sound like such and epiphany, but for me, the ability to truly understand and integrate this is just that. 


I have spent a lot of my life fighting was it (or was), sure that if I just pushed hard enough, I would get away from the unwanted place or state (wrong job, wrong body, wrong feelings...fill in the blanks). Come to find out, it doesn't really work that way, and even when it does, it's a hard way to live.


So my theme for this year...Work with What I Have


More on this later....


Thoughts, anyone?

2 comments:

rosaria said...

The moment of TRUTH!
Some people never get this far.
Enjoy the little moments.

**Anne** said...

That is quite a realisation you have come to understand. Go with it and you will find life is much easier. Yes you will still be living with those things you may wish to escape or were different, but acceptance of them will give you more energy to focus on the things you can change and want to do. Good luck!!
Anne xx