Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

This morning.....


......we woke early, Lucy and I. She was wet through, needed a complete change. I was reasonably rested for 5:45am, which, these days, is a gift. After all was dry, we sat, she and I and gazed at our pretty tree. It was her idea and it was a good one. We sat quietly and looked, perhaps, more closely, then we had through the busy holiday season. She wiggled a little, I sat with a calmness I've felt seldom recently. I looked at this pretty tree, that we will take down tomorrow in preparation for the new year and all that it will bring, and felt what I always do when I contemplate the transient nature of this life of ours. The rich bitter-sweetness of it all...how fast it all is. Her little hands folded and unfolded and sometimes grabbed my fingers and I felt intensely grateful for that small, sweet moment with my smallest daughter. 


Wishing you joy in all of your moments, big and small, as 2011 draws to a close....

5 comments:

rosaria said...

Life is just this: one moment at a time. Happy New Year, to you and yours.

Patricia said...

What a gift you gave yourself. Sometimes we allow life to pass in a blur.

**Anne** said...

Living in the moment is so precious. May you have many more moments with your little girl. Happy New Year to you and your family.
Anne xx

Jane said...

Gorgeous tree! And what a blessing to have a beautiful little girl to share it with. Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year. I'm looking forward to more blogging with you in 2012

Lori ann said...

what a blessing. wishing you all the best for twenty twelve diana.
xxx