Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook, October 6, 2010

Join the Simple Woman's Daybook here.



Outside my window...~ it is very dark still, we're heading toward the shortest day of the year, and it feels it.

I am thinking... ~about how fortunate I am to be able to just stay home today.

I am thankful for... ~ the happy smile on my husband's face as he walked out the door.

I am wearing... ~pj's, sweatshirt, slippers.

In the learning room... ~how to pull together our IHIP (Independent Home Instruction Plan)

I am remembering... ~ that time for rest and play is as important as getting it all done.

I am going... ~to be home on a delicious, rainy, cool day with my sweet little girl.

I am currently reading... ~regulations of the commissioner of education...more IHIP stuff

I am hoping... ~that this path we've chosen, to home school, will support Helena's ability to learn and thrive.

On my mind... ~the pile on my desk...time to get to it!

Noticing that... ~quiet does me good.

From the kitchen... ~simple, easy food today...just H and I all day and evening, and more time to play that way.

Around the house... ~contained chaos...more organizing and purging needed, but it's time for a break to breath and just enjoy the day.

One of my favorite things ~the flowers on my desk H picked for me.

3 comments:

THE OLD GEEZER said...

I hope everything goes well for you and your daughter this week.

My little granddaughters love to pick flowers (sometimes they are weeds) and give them to grandma.

God bless you and your family

~Ron

**Anne** said...

Hi Diana,
I stumbled across this blog which I thought you might find interesting as they homeschool their 4 children. http://bumpinalongtheroadlesstraveled.blogspot.com
Have a lovely day,

Anne xx

thelittlelist said...

Thank you for the reminder that time to rest and play is as important as getting it all done. I needed to hear that. Nice to meet you.