Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

52 Projects, Week 29...weenie roast & Lemonade from Lemons.

52_proj_badge_v2

Wow! I'm so very far behind! I think I have something to post for nearly all the weeks I missed, but it will take me some time to catch up. I thought I'd start from now, and work backwards when and if time allows.


This week we built a fire ring, at the site where we lost out 60 foot pine to a wind storm several months ago. It was a sad thing to lose such a big old tree, but I liked turning it into something good, lemons into lemonade, so to speak. More about that here.


Helena really wanted to roast hotdogs over our new fire pit...a first for me. It was a lot of fun to cook simply over the fire, and will be even better as the weather cools.




Here's our new fire ring, complete with benches and chairs made from the tree that came down. In the back right of the photo you can see the enormous mulch pile from the branch and needles we had chipped up. We're starting to put it to good use.


2 comments:

faerwillow said...

~there is nothing quite like roasted hot dogs and smores...l♥ve the fire pit...i know you will enjoy many many moments out there...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

My Castle in Spain said...

it's a sad thing to lose trees but i like your attitude, make lemonade when you have lemons...
the chairs look great ! and don't start me on the roasted hot dogs...yummy!
:-)