Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sweet Potato Walnut Burritos

These are really yummy!

I used black beans instead of lentils, at a friend's recommendation. I'm going to try them with red lentils this week.

I especially like this recipe because you can make all or part of it ahead of time. I'm cooking the sweet potatoes and lentils this morning since I'm home and have the time. Tomorrow I'll assemble the burritos to bring to my parent's house for dinner Wednesday. The can also be assembled and then frozen, ready to cook. About 45 minutes if you cook them frozen.

Sweet Potato Walnut Burritos

4 comments:

Jane said...

YUMMY! I was just thinking the other day that I'd like to try more things with Sweet Potatoes. This sounds delicious and I love walnuts too. I have some red lentils in my pantry. Have you cooked with them before? My experience is that they don't get soft and full like regular lentils but I still love them anyway.

lakeviewer said...

I'm impressed with this burrito.

Diana said...

Jane, the red lentils I have great pretty soft and almost fall apart. Am about to assemble them for tomorrow's dinner, I'll let you know how they are. I think the consistency will work well. My mom has difficulty tolerating most legumes, but does alright with the red lentils.

Rosario, these are really very good, worth a try.

Diana said...

Follow-up: These were great with Red Lentils!