Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

52 Projects Week 3: I made this Bread!

52_proj_badge_v2



Have you read, or heard of Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day? A friend loaned me this and Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day, both by Zoe Francois and Jeff Hertzberg

The basic premise is to mix one large batch every week or two, and then pull from it to make a fresh loaf when wanted, and it works! I've made bread before, but not often due to lack of time and lack of satisfactory results. This bread tasted bakery bought.

Can you tell I'm excited? It got me dreaming of summer, eating it fresh along side other freshness from the garden; Caprese salad, fresh pesto and bruchetta..mmmm, you get the picture.

8 comments:

dreamer said...

Looks delicious :)

Jane said...

What a great project and it looks delicious. Honestly, I feel very inspired by the things people have shared in the past 3 weeks. I love bread so much that I could eat it for every single meal. I've always been intimidated to work with yeast but perhaps I should give this a try!

MrB said...

looks yummy.

And yes Jane, you should try this

K a b l o o e y said...

Wow, that looks beautiful. And I'm with Jane -- I love bread (too, too much) and could happily eat it with every meal. I am going to bookmark this one too...

Arianna (Erika) said...

Bread is my guilty pleasure. I eat it when I am stress, hungry, happy...oh, yummy!

lakeviewer said...

Hi.
Thanks for the visit. Now, do share the recipe of this fabolous bread!

Bumpkin Bears said...

ooo so glad I popped by, I have tried many times to make bread but it never quite works - I must look for these books - your bread looks fabulous! Hugs, catherine x

Diana said...

Thank you, everyone! I really do this everyone who loves bread can do this. The basic recipe and instructions can be found here: http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/cookbook/2009/artisan-bread/boule.html

I'll be buying the book...there are many variations on the basic recipes that promise to be equally yummy and easy.