Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mouse as Muse

I can't really believe I've been blogging for over a year and never devoted a post to Mouse. Mouse has been a hugely significant part of our family since Helena was about 2 and a half. Mouse was a gift from our good friends Chris and Patty when Helena was born, and she's here to stay. We're all cautiious with Mouse, she comes with us for outings, but only when we're all sure she'll arrive home safely. Losing Mouse is not an option. "Mouse is real, Mouse is a person," Helena stated the other day, and both Patrick and I concur.

So I found myself finishing one project tonight and unsure of which one to start next. And then I looked at Mouse, who usually accompanies Helena to bed, but was up late with me tonight. And I thought, why on earth haven't I made more things for Mouse? Largely, it's because I've only gotten back into sewing regularly, recently. And also, because, well, there are no mouse clothing patterns that I've come across....so tonight, I made my own patterns, and made pajamas for Mouse to match Helena's new ones (photos of those later).

Mouse is great to sew for, she's very accepting of all the imperfections in my pattern making...here are the results. I think Mouse will be getting a whole new wardrobe over the coming months.











10 comments:

lakeviewer said...

Oh, what a sweet toy to sew for!

Arianna (Erika) said...

It looks very warm. I need a pair of pajamas like that!

Jane said...

Fantastic! I want to learn how to sew clothes for my sock monkeys!!

newmumover40 said...

So Cute!

dreamer said...

Lovely, bet your daughter was thrilled :)

faerwillow said...

~so very sweet and thoughful...looks like a delightful little friend for your little one...brightest blessings~

MrB said...

Mouse is awesome! My daughter (now 24) had a favorite toy as a small child. We once drove 100 miles extra when she left it at my parent's.


...and why, oh why did you ever leave San Diego????

Rochelle said...

He's adorable - I want one! :)

onasilentsea said...

so cute!!!

Lori ann said...

love mouse! makes me want to make my own. :)