Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Theme Thursday...Friend

I haven't done a Theme Thursday in ages, time not being very available, as it were...but this one speaks to to my heart so strongly.

This is one of my very favorite friendship quotes...one that was so true for me a few years ago:

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." Author Unknown


Friends have lifted me up when I was lower than I thought I could be, moved my heavy things from one home to another, given me their homes and cars when we were in town for funerals and even just because, been at the other end of phone countless times when I needed them, dropped everything to pick me up when I was broken down (my car, and otherwise) and done so many more wonderful things than I could possibly list....suffice it to say, I'm forever grateful for these wonderful people in my life.

11 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Some fine words there, and a lot of truth. Happy TT.

nanny said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! I didn't watch Friends when it was on,,,,I'm abit slow/ha
I now own all 10 seasons, and have watched twice! Love, love Friends!!! Can't decide who I like best,,,they are all great!

The Silver Fox said...

The line "dropped everything to pick me up when I was broken down (my car, and otherwise)" said so much...

Stephanie said...

Lovely sentiment.

Ronda Laveen said...

You said it all in such a beautiful, concise way. Friends are so important. I feel sorry for people who don't have them in their lives. They miss so much.

Lori ann said...

I love my friends too, we are blessed. I'm also happy to count you as a friend Diana!

Baino said...

Lovely thoughts. I recently had a weekend away with three wonderful girlfriends and one rainy breakfast morning we actually wrote down what it meant for us to be friends. One of the things that had us giggling due to one of our group having more hot flushes than hot cofees was "A friend is someone who will fan you without flinching when you're having a hot flush!"

Diana said...

Thank you so much, everyone, for your kind and lovely words!

lakeviewer said...

Hi Diana,
Thanks for linking up with me on the Italian for beginners. Good to have you along.
Love the quote!

subby said...

Hi Diana! Not sure who the author is but nice quote( it's not in my quote book, either ). Thanks for the visit and "see" ya anon!

Bumpkin Bears said...

That is such a beautiful quote, I have never heard it but it is so true of real friends. Take Care, Hugs, Catherine x