Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyber Monday Suggestions

I had big plans to put together this beautiful, comprehesive, online shopping list of small sellers and crafters. I was going to contact those I wanted to list, get permission to use photos, list shipping specials, all kinds of good stuff.

Life got in the way. Thanksgiving came...I'm still, after 6 week on and off, fighting this cold (flu?, who knows!) that's kicking my butt, ahem!



Anyway, it's Cyber Monday today, thebiggest online shopping day of the year, so, instead of completely admitting defeat (who, me, human, needing rest, not doing it all? never!), I thought I post a few links to some of my favorite sites and sellers, so, without further ado:



Soulemama

If you haven't visited Amanda Blake Soule's rich blog about life and family, click the link just above and take a peek. I get so much from just reading her wise words each week. She's also written 2 books:



Handmade Home & The Creative Family



I have The Creative Family and I love it (thanks mom!). Lots of sweet simple projects to do for and with your children, written in a moving, accessible style.



I haven't gotten my hands on Handmade Home yet (budgets, budgets, sigh!), but I have read some great reviews, and I expect it's equally good.



Great gifts for the families with children in your lives, especially those seeking beautiful simplicity.

Anything on Etsy!

If you haven't visited Etsy, the great site for handmade items, check it out, now! What a great bunch of amazing artisans....lots of cool, neat stuff! You can also get some great vintage buys here, if, like me, you like the feeling of history that comes with something that has a past.

Some of my favorites on Etsy...

Gaddy Nipper Crayons

These are great fun for kids...crayons in all kinds of neat shapes, big and easy to grab for small ones. I purchased some earlier in the year as a gift, and one for Helena too...she loved it! I'm a big fan of giving consumable items as gifts...part of my no clutter goal...and art supplies top my list!


I have more I could add, but my day just got fuller...oh life! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Auntie, aka Coco's Mom said...

Hello Diane,
It's been a while since I've blogged. It's good to be back in the saddle.
I love the red background color. Very auspicious indeed!
Hope you get better soon.
Try to drink lots of ginger tea. That's what I'm doing now!

Lori ann said...

Oh Diana, i hope you get better too, take good care of yourself.
i love all these sugesstions, etsy is my favorite and soule mama too. you are right, handmade is a wonderful way to go. Get well ♥