Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A month ago

Since I last posted. I think that's the longest I've gone since starting this blog.

September was so hectic, exciting, exhausting, stressful, exhilirating. I'm hoping for a calmer October. I doubt it.

Our annivesary, Helena's birhday, ears pierced for our big 5 year old (I wished we'd waited, she's THRILLED with them!). We're moving. Found our little house, should be closing in 2 weeks, moving in 3. Time to pack, sort, clean, disassemble, reassemble. I find myself dreaming of dreary winter days indoors, books, craft projects, staying HOME. I hope the new house will feel like home quickly. I'm ready to settle in.

We will be the second owners of this home, built in 1949 on land that was a wedding gift. It's a smallish (1400sq ft), simple, sweet, home. It feels odd, yet oddly comfortable. I think with a few things to make it us, I will really love it. A family started there, lived theirs lives, children moved on, and ultimately a parent died in this home. It carries the history of generation. I wonder what it will hold for us.

I'm very sensitive to the energy of spaces, more so since practicing Feng Shui. This home feels so solid, grounded. I think it's what I need right now.

I'll post some photos soon. I had the opportunity to walk through again with our agent, take measurements, get ready to do a Feng Shui layout. The floorplan is quite different from any home I've lived in before. I'm still trying to imagine how we'll use the space best...it's exciting!

2 comments:

Auntie, aka Coco's Mom said...

Hello,
It seems we have ALL been busy. I am so happy for your new home. Moving is time-consuming and stressful.
Have a safe move, and we'll be here when you get back into blogging.
I hope to be blogging more, now that summer is behind us.

Lori ann said...

Your new home sounds wonderful Diana, I'm hoping you'll settle in just the way you want in no time at all.
A new adventure, lovely!