Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Theme Thursday.....Egg

A couple of months ago, I gave away a $50 toaster oven. We weren't using it, it was collecting dust, I tried to sell it on craigslist at a low price, to no avail. I wanted it to be used so I listed it free to a good home, and it was gone in a day, to a neighbor, as it turns out. In return she left me these lovely eggs from the chickens she doesn't have (chickens are not allowed in our village).

I was so thrilled to receive this lovely, unexpected gift, on top of being thrilled to have the toaster oven move on to where it was needed.

So here's my bit of abundance for this week's Theme Thursday.

12 comments:

Tom said...

that's a good trade !

Ronda Laveen said...

You are right! A lot of abundance here. For both of you. Eggcellent trade.

subtorp77 said...

Nice trade! You can do a lot with 8 eggs. It's the unexpectedness of them, that makes the trade that much better.

Brian Miller said...

one good turn deserves another. enjoy the eggs that came from chickens she does not have. ha.

Wings said...

Very nice. Something you could use! :)

Marianna said...

Why are hens not allowed in your village ?! That's interesting lol

Take care
peace and love
xoxo

Nicole said...

YUMMM!

Mrsupole said...

Sounds like a good trade to me, but I guess the eggs were really a thank you gift.

I hope you enjoyed them.

Thank you for sharing.

God bless.

My Castle in Spain said...

Happy Easter to you Jane!
thank you for all your lovely comments
xo

Kris said...

Why the apartheid policies towards innocent, freedom-loving chickens?

Dakota Bear said...

A nice exchange!

Diana said...

I'm not sure of the reason for the ban on chickens, but was total by a neighbor and board member that technically all animals excepts dogs are not allowed.

I suspect, because we're a small, rural, farming community that the intention was to maintain some decorum and lack of animal waste in the village itself..livestock is welcome in the township, outside of the "downtown" area.