Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

This Week's Menu....

Here's my menu plan for the week....much of it dug from some old issues of Cooking Light. I love this magazine.

While I'm concerned with health, I don't generally look for "light" recipes per say. What a like about this magazine is that the recipes use a lot of fresh, healthy, ingredients, and tend to be adventuresome, which pushes me out of my cooking comfort zone. I can get stuck in a meal planning rut when I get busy, so I like to have something to flip through Sunday night for fresh ideas.

I believe all of their recipes are online...I'm so visual and tactile though, that I really love to have the magazine in my hand:-)

Monday
Roasted chicken, basmati rice and salad


Tuesday
Homemade Pizza....going to make the crust from scratch the night before and this one will feature olives, feta and fresh tomatoes...Greek Style, if you will.

Wednesday
...????drawing a blank here still, it's my long work day and I need something fast!

Thursday
Flank Steak Sandwiches (from CL) with Salad

Friday
Black Eyed Pea Cakes and Collards (from CL)
Did I mention how delicious the collards are sauteed in a bit of bacon grease (we get the nitrate free bacon from Wegmans, yummy!).

Saturday
Chicken Tapenade Sandwiches (from CL)
I'm an absolute nut about olives, mmmmmm!

Sunday
Probably leftovers

Last week's Cream of Mushroom Quinoa Soup was a hit, even Helena ate it!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Auntie, aka cagny said...

Olives are good for.
I'm moving in.

Elyse said...

mmm, Cream of Mushroom Quinoa Soup?! I might have to hit you up for that recipe!