Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Theme Thursday.....Animal

My parent's made this, ahem, "bird feeder," with Helena last summer. Mom asked me for photos for a scrap book they're making of the day the spend together each week. I'm not sure this was quite what they had in mind....

This bird feeder hangs with no easy access...however, the squirrels (which are rampant in our village), manage to dive at this feeder, missing many times, but persisting none the less until the land and can manage to hang on until it stops swinging.

Happy Theme Thursday

12 comments:

Ronda Laveen said...

Squirrels are very smart and quite tenacious. One learns and then teaches the other. We should all be as dedicated as squirrels.

Brian Miller said...

wow! what a long haired squirrel. if you would not have said it was, i probably would have guessed otherwise. it would be fun to watch them diving to get at the feeder.

Mariane said...

I laugh just by seeing the word bird and the picture of the squirrels. Classic !!!

Colette Amelia said...

Even though those squirrels are cute...take away their fluffy tail and then not so cute...you have RAT!

vermin.

squirrel proof feeders for me.

A.Decker said...

They are persistant - or as Ronda said, tenacious - and fearless, and usually quite talented hopper/jumper/divers. Nice shot.

subtorp77 said...

Cool shot. Squirrels are popular to-day!

Kris said...

Let me get this straight...

You're feeding squirrels to birds.

What are they, vultures?

Candie Bracci said...

Oh so cute!Squirrels are really cute.great picture.

Patrice said...

ha ha ha... squirrel gotta eat, too.!!

Auntie, aka cagny said...

Oh, those squirrels drive me CRAZY. And they dig up my potted trees too. I wish I had a beebee gun.
Nice picture, though!

Megan said...

Animals are certainly resourceful!

Dakota Bear said...

Squirrels will get into and onto all bird feeders, if they are not one of the squirrel proof ones.

I have had big laughs watching squirrels not getting into my bird feeder.