Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

I can almost smell spring!

Ground hog day is just past, and I guess the verdict on Spring depends on which groundhog you believe (and I always thought there was just one!) I think Dunkirk Dave is closest to us, although I haven't actually verified the mileage. He did not see his shadow, which hearlds an early spring here, and this morning I can almost believe it.

It's not warm, but at 30 degrees it's comfortable to be out walking in a coat and mittens. The sun is shining, there are some light snow flurries, but most of our snow melted with last weeks warm snap, so the bare ground is peaking through. I can't wait to see the tulips and hyacinths we planted last fall popping up.

This morning my bedroom began to lighten as I was waking, and by that I can tell that the days are getting noticeably longer. Technically, they have been since Dec 22, but now I can tell.

I have loved winter more this year in years past, but could learn to appreciate it more, I think. This tends to be the more challenging time for me, when the snow doesn't seem to fall as heavily, and therefore isn't much fun to play in, but it's still to cold to do much outside. But at least it's warm enough to enjoy some fresh air, and for that I'm thankful.

Happy belated Valentine's Day to all! We had a lovely weekend, and I'll post some photos soon, but don't have them accessible from work (sshhhhh, I ought to be, well, working now).

To everyone we didn't connect with this time in San Diego, please accept my heartfelt appologies and know that you are loved. I went into this trip some completely burned out and spent that I just didn't have the energy to organize or coordinate. I'm finally feeling a bit rejuvenated though.

No comments: